Collagen loss over time is a completely normal thing, but it’s also one of the main things most of us can do without. Thankfully, restoring lost volume and rejuvenating the plumpness of your skin is entirely possible with the help of dermal fillers. At Coastal Dermatology + Aesthetics, our friendly team provides the full JUVÉDERM® filler family to address just about every aspect of your collagen loss. Here in San Luis Obispo, we want to do all we can to ensure that you reach your beauty goals within a comfortable and welcoming environment.
What Are JUVÉDERM® Fillers?
JUVÉDERM® fillers are gel-based, injectable treatments made up of hyaluronic acid. When injected into your trouble areas, this compound works by reducing signs of collagen loss, diminishing wrinkles, and enhancing the plumpness of your lips. We often inject the JUVÉDERM® solution around the mouth area to plump lips and in the face to add cheek volume and smooth fine lines. When you come in for your appointment, we will take the time to examine your features and determine which JUVÉDERM® injection is right for you.
What Do the Different JUVÉDERM® Fillers Do?
At Coastal Dermatology + Aesthetics, we offer the full JUVÉDERM® package. Our options include the Ultra, VOLLURE™ XC, and Voluma™ XC formulas. Each of these dermal fillers is composed of a slightly different hyaluronic acid concentration. This subtle, yet significant difference results in different benefits depending on the focus areas around your face. The different focuses are outlined below:
- SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® – Our newest product! SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® is the first and only FDA-approved hyaluronic acid (HA) microdroplet injectable in the US that improves skin smoothness of the cheeks. Treatments increase hydration, resulting in smoother skin and a lasting glow for up to 6 months! Patients in clinical studies noted how hydrated, glowing, refreshed, and healthy their skin looked.
- JUVÉDERM® VOLUX™ – JUVÉDERM® VOLUX™ is a gel filler that is injected into the jawline area to add definition and improve its shape. This enhances the definition of the jawline, improving its contours and size.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra – We use this filler primarily for plumping thin lips. When injected into the perioral area, Ultra can offer significant lip augmentation results.
- JUVÉDERM® VOLLURE™ XC – We inject this filler into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds).
- JUVÉDERM® Voluma™ XC – We inject this gel into the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss.
How Does JUVÉDERM® Work?
The JUVÉDERM® dermal fillers offered at our center feature a mixture of lidocaine and natural hyaluronic acid to restore volume. The added anesthetic included in this formula eases any discomfort felt during the injection session. Most of our procedures take about 15 minutes to complete and feel like a slight pinch. The best part of choosing this dermal filler brand is that it is known to provide understated, natural-looking results. However, if you’re looking for excellent alternatives, we also happily provide Radiesse® and Belotero®.
How Long Does JUVÉDERM® Last?
JUVÉDERM® injection results can be seen almost immediately after your session. Following the injections, you will notice an increase in skin tightness, smoothness, and radiance. Optimal results following your session can take effect after a couple of weeks. Long-term results tend to last between 12-18 months depending on your specific treatment area. Please keep in mind that some injection-site redness, swelling, tenderness, discoloration, and itching may be present after treatment. However, these side effects will resolve themselves in a matter of hours.
Before & After Photos
Cosmetic Consultations at Coastal Dermatology + Aesthetics
At Coastal Dermatology + Aesthetics, we offer 30-minute comprehensive cosmetic consultations. This consultation is the first step in achieving your long-term aesthetic goals. Whether you are new to the world of aesthetics or looking to further explore your options, we have an experienced team of skilled providers to assist you.
Please call the office at (805) 544-5567 to schedule your cosmetic consultation. A $125 consultation fee will apply.
JUVÉDERM® Dermal Fillers in San Luis Obispo, CA
If you want fuller lips, tighter skin, or better facial contours, we welcome you to visit our San Luis Obispo center today! At Coastal Dermatology + Aesthetics we strive to create a comfortable and fun environment while also delivering results that last. Get in touch today to learn more about what our JUVÉDERM® fillers can do for you. To contact us, please fill out the form below or call (805) 544-5567.